For us, Christmas starts early (always has done, always will do!), and it starts with stockings! When we were kids the stockings were full of little treats that would keep us entertained until after lunch and the Queen’s speech; when we could FINALLY open all those presents under the tree! Nowadays the stocking fillers are a little more practical, but still full of fun little bits and pieces.
For us the joy of our stockings is that because they are a bit of fun. They don’t have to cost an arm and a leg. So here we have 15 ideas for stocking fillers under £15, just to get you started!
Affordable Stocking Fillers
- Thank you notes – hint hint!
- Pens – because pens are always handy, and how else will you fill out those thank you notes
- Socks – one of those mundane items you never get round to getting for yourself… very useful
- Chocolate coins – mmmmm chocolate!
- An orange – this is a nice easy one, and traditional too! I believe this goes back to the Victorian era when fruit like this was a luxury item!
- Pj’s – I know a lot of people do this as a Christmas Eve box but we never did those so had them in our stockings instead
- Shower gel/bubble bath – it’s time to relax and unwind, now perhaps with a new scent
- Toothbrush/toothbrush heads – there is bound to be lots of sugary treats over the festive season, gotta look after those pearly whites
- DVD/book/CD – maybe it’s just me but I get so excited when I get a new album or book, I can’t wait to get stuck in! Plus who doesn’t love a movie day?
- Hot chocolate – it’s the time of year to get cozy!
- Notebook – perfect for writing down what everyone got you for Christmas (and your list for Santa next year)
- Card or board games – I love this idea because you could all spend the morning playing your games together! Last year my sister bought a pub quiz style card game for our parents stocking and we spent hours shouting answers to the most random questions – haha!
- Christmas jumper – this is another fun one, we do this so we all have a festive jumper to wear on Christmas Day
- Hat/scarf – it’s the middle of winter after all!
- Fragrance – likely to be more toward the top end of the budget here, but a lovely little gift none the less
Most of what’s here is what we get almost guaranteed every year, it’s tradition! Let us now how you stuff your stockings, or what you’re hoping to get this year in the comments below!
Merry Christmas all! Love Jess x
Click here to read the Gift Guide for Travel Lovers: https://www.emgoingplaces.com/2020/12/christmas-gift-guide-for-the-travel-lover-in-your-life/